Where does your road lead? If you were to take a vacation of a lifetime where would you want your plane to touchdown?
Some people wait a lifetime to take a trip they will never forget, others never even have the opportunity to pack their bags. Travel is a luxury many aspire to achieve, but it can be costly and intimidating for the novice jet setter – the time, expense, and the fear of the unknown can delay or even halt any plans to explore the world’s bounty. If you can look past the obstacles, you might imagine yourself sitting along the luscious coastline of a small island situated in the West Indies with a fruity cocktail served in a coconut while waves crash upon your sandy feet and seagulls soar overhead. Or maybe you dream of taking a walk down the Avenue des Champs-Élysées in Paris while eating a chocolate croissant purchased from one of the many small corner bakeries which spread their enticing aroma along the street and into the grand shadows of the Arc de Triomphe. Wherever you hope to travel it takes more than an adventurous, wanderlust spirit to get there. It takes time, planning, and most importantly, a bank account to support your journey.
Saving for a journey to an exotic location like Thailand or Abu Dhabi can take months, maybe years, and for some, it might even take a lifetime before it can be achieved. However, if you properly plan and start saving now, you might find a way to live out some of your dreams now instead of waiting for retirement. After you spin a globe and decide where you want to go, the next practical step is to meet with a financial planner to make sure you have the funds available to make such a trip a reality. The wealth management firm of Benedetti, Gucer & Associates (BGA) is an Atlanta based boutique firm who can sit down with you and help you plan your retirement, one trip at a time. Benedetti, Gucer & Associates pride themselves on being poised to help their clients understand their economic objectives, be it saving for a trip around the world or a beach condo with a large pool and views of the ocean. After careful evaluation of your assets and a meeting to understand your short- and long-term goals and risk tolerance, they can help you make plans to tackle your bucket list.
Led by Jaime Benedetti and Bob Gucer, the BGA staff values the principal of saving for the future, but they also understand the importance of living in the now without needing to sacrifice your retirement to do so. Benedetti, Gucer & Associates can help you set up short-term funds, so you have the opportunity to adventure out of your corner of the universe and explore the sights of the world which lay at your feet. In fact, there are several fantastic travel destinations right here in Georgia where you can escape and get your feet wet. Here are just five unique travel destinations within the state all which offer the promise of memorable experiences, Instagram-worth pictures, and plenty of relaxation and fun.
- Chateau Elan. Situated just 40 miles northeast of Atlanta, in Braselton, Georgia, Chateau Elan is a winery, inn, and spa with all the charm of a small European town. Restaurants, hiking travels, and of course vineyards offer world-class entertainment and luxuries suitable for anyone who appreciates the finer things in life.
- Helen. Located in northeast Georgia, Helen is just a short drive from Atlanta. It is a mountain town known for its Bavarian-style buildings and vineyards. A nearby state park is perfect for the outdoor enthusiasts.
- Savannah. A city rich with U.S. history, Savannah, Georgia is situated on the Atlantic coastline and boosts all the southern charm of the antebellum age. Cobblestone streets, luscious garden squares turned miniature parks, jazz musicians, and street artists will evoke a feeling of traveling back in time, and it is perfect for the traveling history buff.
- Jekyll Island. A seaside destination popular with tourists looking for a place to unwind, Jekyll Island is located in the Golden Isles of Georgia barrier islands. It is a place where history, southern culture, and natural resources come together in perfect harmony.
- Downtown Atlanta. Why drive hours away when you can take a trip in your backyard? Downtown Atlanta has world-renowned restaurants, historical sights, intriguing museums, and a lively nightlife. Schedule a long weekend in a hotel like the Four Seasons, Ritz-Carlton-Buckhead, or Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta for a luxurious local stay.
If you love to travel, make plans to see as much of the world as you can by starting in Georgia and journeying out from there. Be sure to make an appointment with the wealth management professionals of Benedetti, Gucer & Associates to ensure you are in the best possible situation to travel now and well into your retirement.
The views expressed represent the opinions of Benedetti, Gucer & Associates and are subject to change. These views are not intended as a forecast, a guarantee of future results, investment recommendation, or an offer to buy or sell any securities. The information provided is of a general nature and should not be construed as investment advice or to provide any investment, tax, financial or legal advice or service to any person.
Additional information, including management fees and expenses, is provided on Benedetti, Gucer & Associates’ Form ADV Part 2, which is available upon request.
The use of the term “RIA” does not imply a certain level of skill or training.